As I sat writing another blog post, up popped a notification. I had a new comment. Upon reading the comment from the lovely Wendy at One Of My Own, I stared at the screen in disbelief. I had been nominated for a Liebster Award!
So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
By following some basic rules
- answer 11 questions set by your nominee
- write 11 additional facts about yourself
- write 11 new questions of your own
- pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer
it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
The 11 questions I was given are:
1. What is in the crisper drawer of your fridge right now? – cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli
2. Best housework/cleaning tip – fake it ’til you make it!
3. Last thing you took a photo of – Ryder sitting on the couch eating Shapes
4. Favourite TV show when you were a kid – Rocko’s Modern Life
5. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? – Tea! Definitely tea!
6. Last place you stayed overnight away from home – My Mum’s house
7. A person who has inspired you – Kate from Kate Says Stuff, in more ways than she will ever know
8. Musical instrument. Do you play one? – Not for a lot of years, though in primary school I could rock a recorder!
9. What are you afraid of? – Uncertainty
10. Your most useful kitchen appliance/gadget – My chest freezer! The shoe-box sized freezer in my fridge just doesn’t cut it!
11. First concert you attended? – First and only, Parkway Drive in October 2010
11 additional facts about me:
- I am right-handed
- My hair is naturally dead straight
- I have been to Thailand
- I am ridiculously indecisive
- My mother and I have been mistaken for sisters
- I would love to meet my favourite bloggers in person, though I think I would be a hyperactive fan-girl
- I suffer from clinical depression and anxiety
- I have serious commitment issues
- My favourite colour is purple
- I love to learn, to me knowledge is power
- I wear size 8 shoes
And without further a-do, the nominees are…
8. Me and Mia
9. go mumma
10. All in the daze
The 11 questions I have for you are these:
1. What is your most listened to song?
2. Shoes or barefoot?
3. What’s for dinner tonight?
4. If you had to go a week without internet access, how would you handle it?
5. Least favourite household task?
6. Favourite blogging inspiration?
7. Are you multi-lingual?
8. What is your favourite dessert?
9. Best blogging advice you’ve been given?
10. Where would we find you at 9pm on a Friday night?
11. What is your favourite hobby (besides blogging of course!)